Re: MENU to choose the font

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: MENU to choose the font
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:02:52 +0000

Kim F. Storm wrote:
A Soare <address@hidden> writes:

Why it is not chosen another system to change the font using the mouse?

Because nobody has contributed the code to do so.

I did some time ago, but rms wanted more wide ranging changes that I didn't have time to do. When I wrote it, the GTK patches were still being maintained externally, so I used external programs to launch the font dialog, but it is probably better to use the GTK font dialog directly from Emacs in GTK builds.

The code I wrote is at http://emacs.jasonrumney.net/