Re: core dump in bootstrap-emacs

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: core dump in bootstrap-emacs
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:08:15 +0200

On 2007-03-21 11:54, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:
>Giorgos Keramidas <address@hidden> writes:
>> I've been having 'make bootstrap' problems with versions of CVS
>> recently.
>>
>> Any ideas how to proceed in tracking down why bootstrap-emacs
>> dumps core here?
>
> Works for me with latest CVS, i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.6
> of 2007-03-21.  Maybe someone could help if you provided your build
> platform and the rest of the information included in M-x
> report-emacs-bug.

Right, sorry for not sending this earlier...

The text of M-x report-emacs-bug from the latest snapshot I can
bootstrap and install successfully is:

--text follows this line--

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
If you would like to further debug the crash, please read the file
/opt/emacs/share/emacs/22.0.95/etc/DEBUG for instructions.

In GNU Emacs 22.0.95.2 (i386-unknown-freebsd7.0, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2007-03-21 on kobe
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/opt/emacs' '--with-x'
'--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--with-xpm' '--with-jpeg' '--with-tiff' '--with-gif'
'--with-png''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: el_GR.ISO8859-7
  value of $LC_CTYPE: el_GR.ISO8859-7
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: greek-iso-8bit
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  encoded-kbd-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  unify-8859-on-encoding-mode: t
  utf-translate-cjk-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC x r e p o TAB TAB r t - e m TAB RET

Recent messages:
For information about the GNU Project and its goals, type <f1> C-p.
Making completion list...