Re: partial-completion-mode in gdba

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: partial-completion-mode in gdba
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:19:41 +1200

A Soare writes:
 > > > 1. Emacs -Q
 > > >
 > > > 2. partial-completion-mode
 > > >
 > > > => partial-completion-mode on
 > > >
 > > > 3. gdba
 > > >
 > > > =>Run gdba (like this): gdb -annotate=3 /g/e/ <TAB>
 > > >
 > > > comint-dynamic-complete-as-filename: Opening directory: no such file or
 > > > directory, /g/e/ [2 times]
 > >

 > This is a bug.

Why do you think it's a bug?  Did it ever work for you?  I doubt it.  Partial
completion mode seems to replace minibuffer-complete-* with PC-complete-* in
the minibuffer keymaps but M-x gdba (and M-x gdb) uses read-from-minibuffer
with the keymap gud-minibuffer-local-map.  TAB is bound to
comint-dynamic-complete-filename on this keymap which is why it doesn't work as
you expect.