Re: RFC: comint.el - comint-highlight-prompt and unreadable colors

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: RFC: comint.el - comint-highlight-prompt and unreadable colors
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:11:50 -0400 (EDT)

Today's GNU Emacs CVS snapshot, Sun, 2007 Mar 25  09:29 UTC
GNU Emacs 22.0.96.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.8.20)
started with

 /usr/local/src/emacs/src/emacs -i -q -bg black -fg white &
 /usr/local/src/emacs/src/emacs -i -q -bg white -fg black

   The default color selected is still a problem for completely black
   background. Would there be better alternative to currently used
   "cyan"?  Like using "dark green"?

I don't have any trouble with "cyan" on a black (i.e. dark) background.
Also, "dark blue" on a white background works fine.

On the other hand, "dark green" fails me for a dark background.

My normal background is "DodgerBlue4"; "cyan" works fine on it, too.
Perhaps our color renditions are different?

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    address@hidden                         address@hidden