Re: Wrong comment in keymap.c

From: Herbert Euler
Subject: Re: Wrong comment in keymap.c
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:24:59 +0800

> Here is another one, for `read_key_sequence' in keyboard.c.
> `first_binding' is always used with `submaps', shouldn't the
> comment for it be `submaps', rather than `defs'?

No, the comment is correct.  The "submaps[first_binding]" expressions are
used to check whether that first binding is a prefix or not.  I.e. kind of
like "KEYMAPP (defs[first_binding])".

It's mostly set in follow_key:

          if (! NILP (defs[i]))
            first_binding = i;

Excuse me, but there are two ``first_binding''s in this file; I refered
the one in ``read_key_sequence''.  Please take a look at near line
8996:

 /* Find an accurate initial value for first_binding.  */
 for (first_binding = 0; first_binding < nmaps; first_binding++)
   if (! NILP (submaps[first_binding]))
     break;

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu