Re: RFC: comint.el - comint-highlight-prompt and unreadable colors

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: RFC: comint.el - comint-highlight-prompt and unreadable colors
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 18:24:11 +0900

Romain Francoise <address@hidden> writes:
>> On windows, I don't know, but it's probably a similar problem.
>
> I don't think it's related to TERM, PuTTY sets it to "xterm".

Actually that's probably the _reason_ the problem arises:  If TERM =
"xterm", then Emacs assumes a light background (it's a hack, but it was
decided when we discussed this a long time ago that light-background
xterm instances were more common than dark-background instances,
especially for newbies).

> Actually, the `frame-set-background-mode' function suggests that the
> logic is a bit more convoluted...

No doubt.  But it seems pretty likely this is the problem Jari is
seeing, and the solution is obvious:  he should customize
`frame-background-mode' to match his environment.

-Miles

--
(\(\
(^.^)