Re: RFC: comint.el - comint-highlight-prompt and unreadable colors

From: Jari Aalto+mail.emacs
Subject: Re: RFC: comint.el - comint-highlight-prompt and unreadable colors
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:22:44 +0200

* Mon 2007-03-26 Miles Bader <miles.bader AT necel.com> gmane.emacs.devel
> address@hidden (Jari Aalto+mail.emacs) writes:

>> ...general
>> problem, nothing special to my environment. The problem also happens
>> if user changes the background of rxvt (see previous pictures) at
>> least under Cygwin X11.
>
> No, you are confused.  You clearly haven't read my replies very
> carefully.

Was it "... should customize `frame-background-mode' to match his
environment."

Now I'm confused.

Should this problem be left to every putty (or dark background term)
user? I understood that the the code doesn't get enough information to
decide the correct dark/light environment in presented cases. So it
might guesses wrong, and the results are pretty bad with the select
default color.

>> Would not default value 'bold, instead of cyan, work better?
>
> No.

Do you have in use cases where 'bold would not work?

Jari