Re: Bold font hides end of previous character

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Bold font hides end of previous character
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:20:18 +0200

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
There are issues with ClearType; see for example this item from
admin/FOR-RELEASE:

** Drew Adams 12 Aug bug rpt: overlay  display artifact: trace left behind
Windows only bug. Bug appears only when Cleartype enabled, probably related
to the hack introduced on 2005-07-01 to fix some other Cleartype problem.

Yes, I have seen some traces of background coloring remaining on the screen, but I wonder whether that is an overlay only thing. I will try to observe it again.

BTW, what font are you using in your tests? Or does it happen with any font?

The default. I have never tried changing font, actually. If you have any suggestions for testing then please point me to some quick recipe for changing fonts to.