Re: put value last in *Help* buffer for C-h v?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: put value last in *Help* buffer for C-h v?
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 19:14:51 -0400

    I think I agree. It is a bit strange to see the value at the beginning
    of the buffer sometimes and sometimes not (because it is "large").
    Shouldn't we strive for a consistent user interface if we can?

Consistency is not the only criterion.  When the value is short,
it is convenient to see it near the top, so that you don't have
to scroll down to find it.