Re: Misleading comment in simple.el?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Misleading comment in simple.el?
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:15:20 +0200

On 3/30/07, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

C-x v g is pretty good for finding out things like that.

I had already tried it, and not, is not "pretty good" for finding that
kind of info. C-x v g allows me to know that the comment is there
since 1.1 (1999-12-21), and blink-matching-paren is also there since
1.1, and already set to t. It does not help me to know what was the
comment really refering to, unless I'm willing to check every single
commit since 1.1 on.

And no, I'm not asking anyone to research it for me; just if someone
remembers something that could shed a light over it.

            Juanma