Re: The *Warnings* buffer and undo

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: The *Warnings* buffer and undo
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 21:53:05 +0200

Glenn Morris wrote:
Richard Stallman wrote:

    work out.  The best that a program could do in this regard is set
    buffer-undo-list to t before doing its changes, and to nil afterwards.

That sounds like a good solution -- better than suppressing undo 100%
in that buffer.

Can we just leave this alone for Emacs 22? There is no actual problem
we are trying to fix, other than the general sentiment that changes
produced by display-warning should not be undoable. I don't see any
harm in the current behaviour, and there seems to be no good, simple
solution.

It is not a big problem, but perhaps it would then be best to just disable undo in the *Warnings* buffer?