Re: The *Warnings* buffer and undo

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: The *Warnings* buffer and undo
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:23:00 -0400

      (3) Modify the emacs insert/delete primitives to do the job, e.g.,
          they could look for a variable like `inhibit-undo', and if
          non-nil, fixup buffer-undo-list to account for the new operation
          instead of actually recording the new operation in it.

This seems like a good feature to perhaps add.

However, it occurs to me that the insertion of text (such as, new
warnings) uses rather little space in an undo list.  So I wonder how
it happened that the undo list in the warnings buffer got big enough
to trigger the warning.  Did that really happen?