Re: pending-undo-list - should it not be buffer local?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: pending-undo-list - should it not be buffer local?
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 12:33:03 +0200

Andreas Schwab wrote:
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

Thanks, but why should it not be permanent buffer local then?

Why should it?

The reason I am asking is that I thought that there might be a chance that a kill-all-local-variables caused caused by the undo command might erase it. I am not at all sure that this is the case, but I am currently testing and at least with that change (permanent buffer local) I can not currently see the problems I saw before.

Can you see any way it can be erased by kill-all-local-variables before it should?

And my original question: Can you see any problems with making this variable permanent buffer local? (And are there perhaps other variables involved in undo that should also be permanent buffer local?)