Re: Small `c-electric-paren' fix

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Small `c-electric-paren' fix
Date: 1 Apr 2007 23:06:05 +0200
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 23:24:54 +0100

Hi, David!

On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 02:15:46PM +0200, David Hansen wrote:
> Hello,

> I've already send this to the cc-mode list some time ago (X-Post
> anyway) but seems the maintainer is kinda busy.  Can someone else
> please take care of it?  It's clearly a bug and the fix is pretty
> short and obvious.

Sorry, I missed your post to bug-cc-mode.  At the moment I can't post to
the CC Mode list at sourceforge, at least not without hassle, because
they've got a buggy Spamassassin setting which mis-characterizes the Date
header generated by Mutt as invalid.  They've been promising to fix it
since at least January.  There seem to be major mailing list problems
there too at the moment.

> To reproduce:

> (defun dh-c-mode-hook ()
>   (push 'space-before-funcall c-cleanup-list))

> (add-hook 'c-mode-hook #'dh-c-mode-hook)

> Now open some .c file and type some parenthesis.  A space is
> automatically inserted even if the paren is not a function call.

Whoops!  That's bad.  I'll fix it this week.  Thanks for the bug report.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Ittersbach, Germany)