Re: Current Emacs crashes on HPUX

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: Current Emacs crashes on HPUX
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 11:31:27 +0200

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

>     Ok, the build finally finished -- with the same results... :-(
>     (running in batch mode, crashing when started interactively)
>
>       % ./src/emacs  -batch -eval '(message "Version: %s" emacs-version)'
>       Version: 22.0.50.2
>
>     Another interesting observation -- I don't know if it is of any
>     relevance, emacs 21 (working) was linked against xcurses library,
>     while the 22 isn't:
>
> You could try linking Emacs 22 with xcurses.  Does that work?

Unforunatly, no.  I made a complete rebuild with libtermcap replaced
by libxcurses, but the resulting binary still crashes like before.

> If it works in batch mode, it can't be a gross failure of unexec.

I agree, but I'm unable to figure out what fails...

> All I can suggest is that you start debugging the crash and see what
> causes it.

I'd like to debug this issue, but to be true, I don't know how to
tackle this -- especially given the fact that each rebuild takes hours
and the gdb output seems quite uninformative.  (maybe my gdb build is
buggy too?!)

Any hints on how to proceed are highly welcome.

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde
    "Liebet eure Feinde, vielleicht schadet das ihrem Ruf"