Re: kbd vs read-key-sequence

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: kbd vs read-key-sequence
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 12:37:48 +0300

> Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 10:05:14 +0100
> From: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden
>
> There were two strands of Windows, 95/98/ME which is not Unicode based
> and supports unicode only for a few limited uses, and Windows
> NT/2000/XP/Vista, which is Unicode based.

Windows 9x has a Unicode add-on that can be downloaded from the
Microsoft site and installed.  Does that add-on (MSLU) supply the
functionality that we need for Unicode keyboard input?  From what I
glean from the MS documentation, it does, but maybe I'm missing
something.

> From Windows XP, the first strand was dropped and replaced with a
> crippled version of the second strand.

I don't think I understand what you mean by this.  Are you referring
to MSLU that is the ``crippled version'' of Unicode support that MS
now suggest that all Windows applications use?