Re: display-completion-list should not strip text properties

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: display-completion-list should not strip text properties
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 10:59:18 -0400

> I got bad news: so far, Kevin Rodgers has not sent in the email
> to receive a copyright assignment.  I sent him another message
> yesterday.

His most recent changes have been reverted, which means his oldest
extant non-trivial change is from 1995---more than ten years ago.  If
necessary, we can even revert the trivial changes going back to 1995;
they are mostly doc fixes so there will be no loss of functionality.

The main purpose of copyright assignment is intended to ensure the FSF
is able to enforce of the GPL for Emacs---which is definitely doable
given that everyone else has assigned copyright.  Given this, and the
fact that we have already made an effort to secure a copyright
assignment from him, why not release Emacs 22 while we continue to
pursue copyright assignment?