Re: filladapt mode stops filling after lengthy amount of emacs uptime

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: filladapt mode stops filling after lengthy amount of emacs uptime
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 14:18:56 -0400

> A one-sentence explanation of what this does would be very
> useful for me (I can see having a local variable would be
> good, but how long does a local variable last, "local
> variable" to me means "local for the lifetime of the function" -
> doesn't this function complete immediately after you call it?

C-h f make-local-variable RET explains that it doesn't make a function-local
variable (these are created with `let'), but a buffer-local one.
The buffer-local variable so-created will last until the buffer dies or
until kill-all-local-variables is called in this buffer (this is called by
major-mode functions as the first thing to do when setting up a major mode).

        Stefan