Re: weird desktop.el change

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: weird desktop.el change
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 00:47:15 +0900

Miles Bader writes:

 > "Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:
 > >> A quick glance suggests that Eli's change was correct (the return values
 > >> of the calls to mapc/mapcar are all ignored, so using mapc seems OK),
 > >> and does indeed avoid some consing, so why did you revert it?
 > >
 > > That's one of Kevin Rodgers changes that has been reverted to allow
 > > the release to go on.
 >
 > Er, OK...  does such a trivial and purely mechanical change really
 > count?  What if I make an equivalent change now?

The question is, is there another way to express "mapc"?  If not,
Kevin had no choice of expression, and there was no original
expression, and thus no copyright.  KR cannot have a copyright on the
idea of substituting an algorithm which never conses rather than
throwing away unwanted conses ex post, only on the expression of it.

AIUI IMHO IANAL.