address@hidden: Regression in WoMan]

From: Richard Matthew Stallman
Subject: address@hidden: Regression in WoMan]
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 15:45:57 -0400

Please DTRT.

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:25:49 +0200
From: Sven Joachim <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Regression in WoMan

It seems that WoMan can no longer handle the case where a manpage
loads another one with a .so request.  At least I got the error

WoMan can only format man pages written with the usual `-man' macros

when trying to view the manpage for dpkg-buildpackage, which consists
of a single line:

.so man1/dpkg-source.1

Emacs 21.4 handles this well, and I'm sure that it worked in CVS at
least until a few months ago, too.

In GNU Emacs 22.0.97.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.8.20)
 of 2007-04-10 on debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.70101000
configured using `configure  '--with-gtk''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  unify-8859-on-encoding-mode: t
  utf-translate-cjk-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <C-f1> d p k g - b u <tab> <return> M-x

Recent messages:
For information about the GNU Project and its goals, type C-h C-p.
uncompressing dpkg-buildpackage.1.gz...done
woman-decode-buffer: WoMan can only format man pages written with the usual
`-man' macros
Making completion list...