Re: narrow-to-defun and mark-defun now work properly for CC Mode.

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: narrow-to-defun and mark-defun now work properly for CC Mode.
Date: 11 Apr 2007 23:02:38 +0200
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 23:22:14 +0100

Hi, Chong!

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 04:51:12PM -0400, Chong Yidong wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:

[ .... ]

> > One other possibility is that the recipe I gave for rebuilding the CC
> > Mode files.elc was erroneous (or you made an error following it),
> > and, somehow, one or more of the macros didn't get properly compiled.

> Aha, that was the problem!  I expected `make recompile' to DTRT, but
> this was a mistaken assumption for this case.

Maybe I should look at fixing the problem in ..../lisp/Makefile.  The
dependencies between the CC Mode source files aren't accurately
represented there - For example, that cc-engine.elc depends on
cc-defs.el.  What do you think?

> After doing a `make bootstrap', the performance problem has disappeared
> entirely.  Thanks very much, and sorry for the noise!

Not a problem!  It's a relief to get it sorted out.  Thanks for the rapid
response!

Good night!

--
Alan.