Re: narrow-to-defun and mark-defun now work properly for CC Mode.

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: narrow-to-defun and mark-defun now work properly for CC Mode.
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:51:31 +1200

 > > After doing a `make bootstrap', the performance problem has
 > > disappeared entirely.  Thanks very much, and sorry for the noise!
 >
 > I did not need to bootstrap.  I used "make cvs-update".

    # This is useful after "cvs up".
    cvs-update: recompile autoloads finder-data custom-deps

All this does is recompile + extras.  I don't know how this worked in your case
but, in general, this wouldn't solve a problem involving macro dependencies.

I deleted all the cc-*.elc files in the progmodes directory and did `make
recompile'.  It worked in this case and I think deleting the relevant elc files
does generally solve such problems, although `make bootstrap' is probably
needed in other cases.