Re: Small but confusing doc error in easy-menu-define

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Small but confusing doc error in easy-menu-define
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 21:33:31 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:
The doc string for easy-menu-define says that

"If SYMBOL is non-nil, store the menu keymap in the value of symbol,
and define symbol as a function to pop up the menu, with doc as its
doc string."

I looks like it is enough that SYMBOL is just a symbol name (it need not be
interned).

I'm not sure I understand: a symbol can be either interned or not.
I.e. an uninterned symbol *is a symbol*.  OTOH a symbol name is *not*
a symbol: it's a string.

To me it would be easier to understand if it said

"SYMBOL may be nil or a symbol name. If it is a symbol name ..."