Re: "spurious scrolling bug"

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: "spurious scrolling bug"
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:22:03 +0100

Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:
i have seen spurious scrolling when the mouse wheel
(yes, i succumbed in late 2006 and got a mouse, blech)
is jammed between low-potential positions.  it seems to
send out alternating scroll-up and scroll-down signals
at high frequency causing emacs to spaz out.

maybe this is not related to the above problem.

I don't think that is related to this bug. I have seen it occur occasionally, and it recenters the cursor, usually resulting in a half page jump, rather than scrolling by the few lines you'd expect if it was the scroll wheel.