Re: Emacs manual mentioning thumbs mode but not tumme

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: Emacs manual mentioning thumbs mode but not tumme
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:50:17 +0200

>     Not so when the explanation for the existence of thumbs is so concise.
>     The user is guided and recommended to tumme and in one sentence you
>     could mention thumbs as an alternative for image viewing.  The user
>     has then the option to experiment.
>
> That IS a conceptual cost.  It means that instead of a simple and
> clear recommendation, we say "maybe this, maybe that."
> Users can find this confusing.

In the contrary, you should give a simple and clear recommendation:
"tumme" and you could say, by recognising that we are not living in an
ideal, logical world but in a world were some things are also a matter
of taste, that "thumbs" has evolved as an alternative (for dauntless
and inquisitive minds ;-)).

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm