Re: Year 2038 problem with calendar (Bad holiday list items)

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Year 2038 problem with calendar (Bad holiday list items)
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 18:37:15 -0400

Ed Reingold wrote (on Mon, 16 Apr 2007 at 15:12 -0500):

> As I wrote to the whole group, I never wrote code that would break
> like this; what changed?

cal-dst (optionally, but by default) no longer assumes that the DST
transition occurs at the same date in every year. This was prompted by
the recent US DST changes.

I think you'll find that the original code would break in 2038 on
existing 32-bit systems, because even (current-time) will (?) fail
there.

Anyway, I have a trivial workaround for this issue.