Re: Fwd: parse-time-string error with non ASCII timestamp

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Fwd: parse-time-string error with non ASCII timestamp
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 20:50:00 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:
[...]
>>> (defsubst parse-time-string-chars (char)
>>> !   (and (< char (length parse-time-syntax))
>>> !        (aref parse-time-syntax char)))
> >
> > It seems that this is the right fix at the moment because
> > parse-time.el doesn't pay attention to non-ASCII characters
> > at all.   In the future, we may have to improve it for
> > non-ASCII characters if necesary.

> I'd guess all that needs to be done is to make parse-time-digits and
> parse-time-syntax char tables.

Just making them char-tables has the same effect as above.
If we want to handle a multibyte time-string well, we must
set proper values to those char-tables which, I think, is
beyond what we should do at the moment.

> > Shall I install that change?

> digit-char-p has the same problem.

But, it seems that it is never called with a multibyte
character.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden