Re: should query-replace-regexp-eval be in the manual?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: should query-replace-regexp-eval be in the manual?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:56:18 -0400

    Done.  I mentioned this in NEWS.  I am not sure about the DOC string
    of `query-replace-regexp-eval', though: since it is obsoleted, would
    it be appropriate to have all the info except that of its deprecation
    be ripped from it?

Our general policy is to retain the information about a function
and what it does, when we make it obsolete.  I see no reason to make
a special exception for this function.  So please do not delete anything.