Re: cvs emacs and (system-name)

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: cvs emacs and (system-name)
Date: 18 Apr 2007 15:40:13 -0600

GM> Doesn't the existing entry cover this:
GM>     *** Emacs does not know your host's fully-qualified domain name.
GM>     You need to configure your machine with a fully qualified domain
GM>     name, either in /etc/hosts, /etc/hostname, the NIS, or wherever
GM>     your system calls for specifying this.

FWIW it isn't entirely clear to me that my config is buggy.
Unfortunately I don't recall how I got it this way -- I suspect I did
a standard Fedora install but did not specify a domain name (IOW, this
may not affect just me).  I don't really have a domain I would put my
machine in, and I think a reasonable number of people may fall into
this category.  Emacs picking "localhost.localdomain" over the actual
name of my machine still seems a bit odd.

Tom