[Fwd: Use tab key to indent both region AND line?]

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: [Fwd: Use tab key to indent both region AND line?]
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:27:28 +0200

For after release.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Use tab key to indent both region AND line?
Date: 20 Apr 2007 05:10:40 -0700
From: mopi <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help

Hi

I'm feeling a little lost when it comes to indentation and Emacs.

If there is a region marked I want the tab key to indent the region.
Shift-tab would preferably unindent the region. But if there is no
region marked I want tab to indent the current line. This is the
default behaviour in e.g Visual Studio and Ultraedit so I'm sure there
is someone out there who has some code snippets to share.

Thanks in advance.