Re: Pretest schedule

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Pretest schedule
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:17:51 -0400

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 4/8/07, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> If no major problems with the April 16 pretest come to light, we
>> should cut the Emacs 22 CVS branch on Friday, April 20, and release
>> Emacs 22.1 on Monday, April 23.
>
> Are we still more or less on track for branching today* and releasing
> on April, 23*?

If there are no objections, I will do this tonight (EST).

The main thing we have to worry about right now are the recent
show-paren-mode fixes; if people could help test show-paren-mode as
much as possible, it would be nice.

IMO, the remaining bug in FOR-RELEASE---support for multiline
nicknames in RCIRC---should not hold the release; it concerns a fringe
feature (using Bitlbee, an IRC-to-IM gateway) of a non-essential
package (RCIRC), and no fix seems readily available.