Re: cvs emacs and (system-name)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: cvs emacs and (system-name)
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:52:46 -0400

    PS: Now that I think about it, maybe a better approach is to look for
        an alias that not only has a "." but additionally has the hostname
        as prefix.  This is what my second patch does.  Both patches are
        guaranteed 100% untested.

This patch does seem likely to be really right, but it has the potential
to cause problems in peculiar cases.  For now, please install your limited
patch that rejects just localhost.localdomain.

After the release, please install the newer "more correct" patch.