a principle for lisp-fill-paragraph

From: A Soare
Subject: a principle for lisp-fill-paragraph
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:03:17 +0200 (CEST)

There is not normal always to bring 2 lines on a single line by fill-paragraph
in lisp mode.

;; Indent each line of the list starting just after point.
;; A prefix argument specifies pretty-printing.

by evaluation gives:

;; Indent each line of the list starting just after point.  A prefix
;; argument specifies pretty-printing.

Evaluating fill-paragraph will bring the 2 lines on a single line.

I propose this principle:

When we want to keep a paragraph on a new line, we must insert 3 spaces from
the last comment symbol.

Just in the the case of 1 or 2 spaces we merge 2 lines. So after evaluating
(lisp-fill-paragraph) on

;;  Indent each line of the list starting just after point.
;;   A prefix argument specifies pretty-printing

should keep the text the same.

Can somebody else propose a new principle for this?

If you agree, I will make this change.