possible bug in M-/ (dabbrev-expand)

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: possible bug in M-/ (dabbrev-expand)
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 18:14:17 +0200

Hi

I deemed it an especially good idea to have function which is
searching something in a buffer when there are changes to the content.
(GNU Emacs 22.0.95.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.8.20) of
2007-03-02 on pacem, modified by Debian.)

When I install such a function in the following way (for example in
the *scratch* buffer):

   $ emacs -Q -D

   (defun bla ( &optional a b c) ;dummy variables
     (interactive)
     (save-excursion
       (re-search-forward "a" nil 'noerror)))

   (add-hook 'after-change-functions 'bla nil t)

and I try to M-/ something at the buffer beginning, the cursor does
not remain after the expansion but skips somewhere into the buffer.

I'm not sure whether this is a bug of M-/ or this is just a stupid
approach to have such an functionality after a buffer change?  It
would be nice if you could give me some advice before I submit a
possibly unnecessary bug report.

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm