Re: Release schedule

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Release schedule
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 16:02:13 -0400

Chong Yidong wrote:

> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
[...]
>> In that case, I think we should make another pretest.  We cannot just
>> release the code with untested patches that got installed since the
>> 22.0.98 pretest.
>>
>> Does anyone disagree?

Cleverly worded... :)

> On Monday, I will cut the branch and roll a candidate Emacs 22.1
> tarball.  If no immediate problems are found with that tarball, I
> think we can make that the official release.

This doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I suggest branching on
Monday, making an immediate final pretest from the branch, waiting a
few days (and not making _any_ changes unless Emacs is shown to
explode), then making a release.

I was hoping for a St George's day release, alas... :(