Re: A bad indentation made by C

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: A bad indentation made by C
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 16:50:14 +0200

Alan Mackenzie wrote:
As a pure guess, the indentation of the "}" to column 1 probably comes
>from `c-gnu-impose-minimum' which is installed on
c-special-indent-hook for the style "gnu".  If you set a different
style (e.g. by C-c .), this problem might go away.  Or remove it from
c-special-indent-hook in php-mode-hook or one of CC Mode's hooks.

Thanks, that helped. But now I have one of my favourite questions I
seldom ask: How do I make a local hook so much nil so that the global
hook is not run?

Sorry, I can't parse that (but I do understand about writing foreign
languages).  Which local hook, which global hook?  When do you not wan't
which global hook to run?

I want to set c-special-indent-hook to nil locally in the buffer and I do not want to run the global hook then. Is the global hook still run when I set the local hook to nil? I believe it is not run, but I am not sure.

Well, I'm struggling a bit to keep up with everything on CC Mode, so I'm
not really in a position to take on anything extra.

Ok, thanks, I see. You have already helped a lot by telling about the c-special-indentation-hook and the different styles.