Re: Make button face appear magenta on a Linux console

From: Johan Bockgård
Subject: Re: Make button face appear magenta on a Linux console
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:37:59 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> What we need is a way to form conditionals inside defface forms that
> look at display capabilities, so that we could, for example, define
> an alternative for the underline attribute on displays that don't
> support underline.

You mean like (info "(elisp)Defining Faces")

    `supports'
          Whether or not the frame can display the face attributes
          given in VALUE... (*note Face Attributes::). See the
          documentation for the function
          `display-supports-face-attributes-p' for more information on
          exactly how this testing is done. *Note Display Face
          Attribute Testing::.

?

The `underline' face is defined like this in faces.el

    (defface underline
      '((((supports :underline t))
         :underline t)
        (((supports :weight bold))
         :weight bold)
        (t :underline t))
      "Basic underlined face."
      :group 'basic-faces)

And on my console the `underline' face is indeed bold.

--
Johan Bockgård