Re: REDO ?

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: REDO ?
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 18:09:18 +0100

On 23 Apr 2007, at 16:46, A Soare wrote:

Not different. Just the same, but to be possible to reverse the direction of the yank (using a parameter for example), even from the beginning of the action, not to be obliged first to apply an undo, etcetera.

A while agao, we integrated an undo/redo function into Aquamacs, because that's what users generally get in programs running on that specific OS.

A few of our users preferred the original `undo', so it makes sense to leave C-_ as it is. (The idea to bind a prefix key combination to the new `redo' makes sense.)

Additionally, our `undo' and `redo' restore the region.

The code (based on the `redo' package by Kyle E Jones) is available below. If people are interested, I could rewrite it to fit into Emacs after the release.

http://aquamacs.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/aquamacs/aquamacs/src/ site-lisp/aquamacs-redo.el