Re: Emacs pretest 22.0.99

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 22.0.99
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:48:56 +1200

 > If no problems are found in this over the next few days, I think we
 > should release Emacs 22.1; but I guess that's up to RMS to decide.

This sounds sensible to me.  How about numbering bug fix releases, which
presumably could be made shortly after the main release if necessary, 22.1.1,
22.1.2, ... this time?  In the past there has been some confusion about the
content of 21.2, 21.3 and 21.4, which AFAICS were bascically just respins of
21.1.

If signifacnt changes are released before Unicode Emacs, these could be
numbered 22.2, 22.3 etc.