Re: Emacs 22 branch created.

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Emacs 22 branch created.
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 13:24:48 +0200

Chong Yidong wrote:
I've created the Emacs 22 branch, which has CVS tag EMACS_22_BASE.
(I'm not sure of the reason for shouting, but it seems to be
traditional.)

Note that you need to use "-r EMACS_22_BASE" to apply your changes to
the branch.  If you want to work in the branch, I believe the easiest
way is to do

cvs up -r EMACS_22_BASE

in your working directory, which will move it to the branch;
subsequent commits will then apply to the branch.

Since the python.el issue doesn't seem likely to be resolved in the
near future, I will go ahead and remove it from the branch.  Then I
will roll the 22.0.99 pretest; it should come online in a couple of
hours.

Thanks for this. Since I do not know anything about CVS branching I have to ask if the instructions on

  http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=emacs

still are correct. If I do "cvs up -r EMACS_22_BASE" how should I then continue fetching updates from the CVS? Is this ok then? :

  cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/emacs co emacs

On one line. This is what is on the web page above now.