Re: address@hidden: Re: redisplay]

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: redisplay]
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:08:58 -0400

> I can't reproduce it with or without Gtk+, *scratch* or not.  I suspect it
> is a timing issue in X.  I don't think redisplay guarantees that all
> redisplay related events has been received and handeled by Emacs before it
> returns.

Even if it does an XSync?

In any case, I have regularly seen similar problems when leaving Emacs: if
I have processes running, Emacs displays a *processes* list, and because of my
pop-up-frames (and/or special-display-regexps) settings, it does it by first
popping up a new frame displaying this *processes* buffer, and then pops up
a dialog asking me whether I really want to quit.
The problem is that the *processes* frame is generally blank at that point.

        Stefan