Re: Emacs 22 branch created.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Emacs 22 branch created.
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:39:51 +0200

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> I've created the Emacs 22 branch, which has CVS tag EMACS_22_BASE.
> (I'm not sure of the reason for shouting, but it seems to be
> traditional.)

Unfortunately, you got it a bit wrong!

You should have tagged the HEAD with EMACS_22_BASE as a normal
tag, and then created a EMACS_22_RC branch from the base tag.

Then we could have done things like

cvs diff -r EMACS_22_BASE -r EMACS_22_RC

to see what changes have been applied to the branch.

And (in a trunk checkout) we could have done

cvs diff -r EMACS_22_BASE

to see what have been committed to the trunk since the branch.

I'm not sure how to clean this up (or create the missing base tag).