Re: Emacs 22 branch created.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Emacs 22 branch created.
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:37:49 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>> Maybe someone with access to both baz and CVS on GNU/Linux could check
>> whether the "tailor" program makes it possible to migrate the change
>> set with full information.
>
> Baz 1 is essentially arch.  I don't see much sense in trying to preserve
> the individual changesets.

Miles, you have considerable experience with arch and merging stuff
into branches.  Could you possibly import the multitty stuff into a
CVS branch in case that Károly is not available for that?  It seems
however from the multi-tty commit mailing list that Károly still keeps
the archive synchronized with HEAD, so it would probably make sense to
wait with the branch import until we are in the position where we can
go through with the merge (probably some weeks after the release) and
deal with the consequences.

--
David Kastrup