Re: using empty_string as the only "" string

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: using empty_string as the only "" string
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 13:50:46 +0200

On 4/25/07, dmantipov <address@hidden> wrote:

b) Emacs isn't a CL
and should not obey CLtL2 completely, isn't it ?

I hope most CLs you use obey ANSI X3.226-1994, not CLtL2 :)

But anyway, I suggested elisp to continue to be compatible with
itself** not with CL.

            Juanma

**elisp, like Perl, is a one-implementation language, so grey areas in
the docs are implicitly defined by the interpreter's behaviour. Not
that they cannot be changed, of course; but doing so shouldn't be done
lightly.