Re: Changes to hi-lock before release.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Changes to hi-lock before release.
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:51:42 -0400

    It's all my fault. Had I attended to this sooner there would have been
    time to come up with something better for existing users. The reason
    for setting it to `never' rather than `ask' is because I felt it was
    worse to harass unsophisticated users with questions each time they
    visited a file than to temporarily deny users the patterns they
    already have in files.

Unsophisticated users don't usually put local variable bindings in
their files.  And if they put in local variable bindings for Hi Lock mode,
I think that proves they are sophisticated.  So I think we should
make the default `ask' for now.