Re: address@hidden: Re: redisplay]

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: redisplay]
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 04:44:22 +0900 (JST)

>> Yes, you are right.  It would also require to run redisplay
>> directly on the Expose event.

But Lisp evaluations might occur during redisplay (unless
inhibit-eval-during-redisplay is non-nil), and thus it's not safe to
do so in general.

> After some experimenting it seems that this patch fixes it.  Note
> that a call to redisplay() does not fix the bug.  I don't know why.

I think that's because redisplay is paused by a pending Expose event
if redisplay-dont-pause is nil (`Fredisplay (Qt)' temporarily binds it
to t).  I observed similar undrawn area with "compositing window mode"
mentioned in *1 when redisplay-dont-pause is nil and without the patch
in *2.

*1: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-04/msg01003.html
*2: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-04/msg01013.html

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu