Re: address@hidden: Re: Tumme fails with default custom settings]

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: Tumme fails with default custom settings]
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:31:54 +0200

Reading Stephen's original report, it sounds an awful lot like his
problem was caused by +profile "*" expanding the "*" to a list of file
names, but how this could happen I have no idea (some obscure shell?).

That might explain why I could not recreate it, yes.

Can you replace +profile "*" with -strip, or do you need the comments
in thumbnails?

I have no preference really. I guess I kind of "inherited" that
+profile command line switch from some example I found on the net.
When I read about -profile and +profile last week however, I thought
the same thing as you, why not replace it with -strip? But I also
thought, why change something that works? (although in this case it
does not work for everyone...).

I am curious though, from the following text, where does it say that
comments will not be removed if we use -strip?

===
-profile filename

add ICM, IPTC, or generic profile to image.

-profile filename adds an ICM (ICC color management), IPTC (newswire
information), or a generic profile to the image

Use +profile icm, +profile iptc, or +profile profile_name to remove
the respective profile. Use identify -verbose to find out what
profiles are in the image file. Use -strip to remove all profiles.
===

To me it sounds like +profile "*" and -strip would do the same job.

BTW, would using single quotes (') around the asterisk maybe work better?

/Mathias