Re: html-mode demanding <html> a bit too tight

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: html-mode demanding <html> a bit too tight
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:22:01 +0200

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

>>> If I do not misremember I have mentioned this problem before.
>>
>> So much the worse.  Well, you did not manage to get it fixed for the
>> release.
>
> In a way much worse, yes. And should it not be "we did not
> manage". It is a big collaborative effort (and I like that).

I wrote "get it fixed", not "fix it".  If you are bothered by a
problem, it is your problem to get it fixed, by whoever.

Tough, but hardly world-shattering.

Of course it is not your fault that Richard has no concept of
"release-critical" and so everybody else is pussyfooting around him as
the last resort for _ever_ getting out a release.

In a sane development and release environment, bringing up a bug or
problem should be allowed at anytime.  Unfortunately, we don't have a
sane development environment.  The silliest things will cause Richard
to extend the pretest cycle with invasive changes.

So it becomes the responsibility of bug reporters to shut their trap
until Richard is fooled into believing that Emacs 22.1 will be perfect
for everybody, and feels fine releasing it.

So get in line with the rest.  Everybody has his pet peeves.  We can't
afford to let Richard hear about any of them (lest they be
release-critical or already completely vetoed) until after the
release.

Sorry for sounding off so cynical.  If somebody else can offer a
better view on events, go for it.  I'd be glad to be shown wrong,
_really_ glad.