Re: html-mode demanding <html> a bit too tight

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: html-mode demanding <html> a bit too tight
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:11:16 +0100

On 27 Apr 2007, at 13:48, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

That is because, Lennart, you don't care for the release at all.  You
are using the CVS code, lobby others to use the binaries you prepare
from CVS, and therefore an officially released version of Emacs has no
real value to you.  Why care about it, if there's always tomorrow's
CVS?

Even though I am keeping busy preparing binaries for others, I can only say that I agree with you and David K.: Please, stop checking in stuff and release 22.1 after the next pretest build.

Because my releases are heavily patched and customized, nothing is more annoying than to work with the CVS head. I've been shooting at a moving target for two years now. A release would be in many people's interests.

I've got a number of bugs that I've reported, and I even wrote patches for them which did not get checked in. I'm not pursuing it because I'd like to see a release!