Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 53, Issue 105

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 53, Issue 105
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:27:10 +1200

 > > I am now set up to install in both places myself.
 >
 > Better not: since the script copies changes from the branch to the trunk,
 > it's better to install changes only on one or the other, but not on both,
 > otherwise you'll end up with spurious conflicts and/or duplicated changes.

I've commited a change to the trunk, so while it won't get copied to the
branch, if I commit it there, the script will presumably try to copy it back
again to the trunk.  Also, I guess there may be changes to the trunk which we
don't want on the branch, so it's probably not a good idea to extend the script
to copy from the trunk to the branch.

In a normal world, the list of bugs would be in a file on the trunk and few
changes would be made on the branch, in which case it would be best to remove
the script.